Hi! I’m Keegan!
I’m a certified chemistry teacher and I use my background in science, pedagogies, and technical expertise to provide others with holistic solutions to their instructional and technological needs. Usually my students are faculty members at the University of Oklahoma who want to learn more about integrating technologies into their courses.
Officially, I’m an Educational Technologist at the Center for Teaching Excellence and teach instructors how to:
- Integrate iPads into their teaching
- Use blogging to engage students
- Engage students in game design
- Crowdsource study guides using collaborative documents
- Engage students in active learning practices
- Produce instructional videos
- Facilitate audio/video student peer-reviewing
- Use Twitter in the classroom
- Explore and introduce OER materials
- And much, much more!
As an Educational Technologist I’m also responsible for providing professional development, consultations, and innovative pedagogies using technology.
In other words, I do not work in IT. 🙂
I really enjoy developing curriculum. In fact, I’m crazy about my current projects, GOBLIN, eXperience Play, and Canvas Camp, right now. If you’re interested in gamification, open educational resources, DIY EdTech, or game-based learning you should check it out!
Want to chat? Feel free to reach out to me on Twitter (@KeeganSLW) or email me at keeganlong-wheeler [at] ou [dot] edu. I’d love to connect with you!
- I play Star Wars Battlefront & Splatoon with my wife.
- I’ve lived in Japan & Mexico.
- I really want a hedgehog: