- Daniel Lynds is posting “11 sentences everyday that take spatterings from things around [him]” during the month of November and I wanted to write one because I like the idea and it looked fun (what better day than 11/11?).
- I’m still pondering the fantastic/organic discussion we had during our reading group this week about cultural models, engaging students metacognitively, and how power dynamics play into the world.
- With the creation of edufeeds, I’ve been more in tune with blogosphere conversations lately and it’s interesting to closely follow online discussion again.
- This has also made me feel more connected to online edu folks these past few weeks as I’ve been interacting with them more regularly.
- On Tuesday, John and I spoke with Daniel & Kin Lane about Teh Jigz Up! and web content driven by an open database (google sheet in this case).
- I love this idea!
- So, John and I are looking at what an open database Twine game or website would look like as a means to engage folks in collaborative game development and/or web publishing.
- Along the same lines, I’ve been playing with pseudo-domain mapping by using an iFrame¹ to cover up the fact that an Adobe Spark page is accessible from spark.keeganslw.com.
- This means I can edit the page from the Spark app on my iPad and have it visible from a link I know (in addition to toying with web publishing workflows).
- #OLCInnovate has started to capture my attention as there are proposals to review and I’m heading (and anticipating) the Innovation Lab this year!
- Otherwise, I just got Doom on the Nintendo Switch and am going to play until the work on our car is completed—yay new tires and such.
¹ With this text in an index.html file, I’m able to pull the content from Spark into my domain:
<html> <head> <title>A Spark Website</title> </head> <body> <p><iframe width="100%" height="100%" max-height="2000" src="https://spark.adobe.com/page/QYydjtJCm73t1/" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" max-width="100%" sandbox="allow-forms allow-modals allow-orientation-lock allow-popups allow-same-origin allow-scripts" scrolling="no" style="border: none; max-width: 100%; max-height: 100vh" allowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen /></p> </body> </html>